College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
Department of Health Sciences and Management
Position Announcement – Faculty, Department of Health Sciences and Management
Howard University College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, one of 13 Colleges and Schools in an institution that values interdisciplinary research, education, and clinical practice, seeks qualified candidates for full-time (9-month) faculty positions (2).
• Doctoral degree in Health Services Management or Healthcare Administration or a related field;
• Experience teaching at an accredited institution of higher learning, and documented research experience.
• Evidence of effective use of computer technology;
• Demonstrated experience in online and/or distance learning, as well as curriculum design and implementation in higher education is a plus.
The successful applicant will:
• Teach undergraduate courses in healthcare management/administration. Preference will be given to those candidates with University teaching experience in one or more of the following areas: Health Economics, Health Systems Management, Geriatrics/Long-term Care, Managerial Epidemiology, Health Care Finance, and Health Research Methods; experience with AUPHA under graduate program certification.
• Engage students in managerial research and inter-professional conference opportunities;
• Engage in research to generate publications in peer-reviewed journals;
• Acquire external grants;
• Advise students;
• Engage in public service at the University and in the local community.
• Applicants should submit a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, and names and complete contact information of three professional references to Dr. Lennox Graham, Chairman, Department of Health Sciences and Management, Howard University, 516 Bryant St., NW, Washington, DC 20059.
Dr. Graham can be reached at 202-806-5336 or email@example.com.
Applications may be submitted electronically.
Desired start date is August 16, 2017